John Nelson, MD, MHM, FACP
John is a founding partner and the nation’s preeminent expert on hospitalist practice management…
Leslie Flores, MHA, SFHM
Leslie is a founding partner and lends a healthcare executive’s perspective to the consulting practice…
As consultants in the field of hospitalist practice management, we’ve helped more than 300 hospital medicine groups get started, grow, and improve.
And as a physician with more than 20 years of clinical practice as a hospitalist and a former hospital executive, we bring unique perspectives and complementary expertise to the task of helping our clients achieve successful and sustainable hospitalist programs.
Our Clients Include…
- Our hospitalist program is becoming financially unsustainable; what can we do about it?
- How can we get our hospitalists to be more engaged and to perform better on key metrics?
- Do we have the right hospitalist medical director and leadership configuration?
- What are best practices in hospitalist scheduling, work design, and compensation?
- How can NPs and/or PAs best be deployed in hospitalist practice?
- How can we resolve disagreements with other specialties about scope of practice?
- What about surgical hospitalists, OB hospitalists, neurohospitalists, and other hospital-focused practice specialties?
Doctors hire us because…
- They value a peer-to-peer relationship with someone who has done what they do and understands their challenges and frustrations.
- They appreciate our credibility with both doctors and hospital administrators.
- They know our recommendations have been tested and refined in actual practice.
- They embrace our philosophy of hospitalist engagement and ownership.
Hospitals hire us because…
- We have a thorough understanding of the business of hospital medicine.
- We emphasize fiscal responsibility and measurable performance.
- We provide real quantitative analyses of hospitalist performance, not just soft recommendations.
- We are not a staffing firm or a management company. We are an independent consulting firm focused solely on hospitalist practice management. No biases. No conflicting interests.