John Nelson, MD, MHM, FACP
John is a founding partner and the nation’s preeminent expert on hospitalist practice management…
Leslie Flores, MHA, SFHM
A founding partner, Leslie is now retired from active consulting but still serves in an emeritus…
As consultants in the field of hospitalist practice management, Nelson|Flores has helped more than 400 hospital medicine groups get started, grow, and improve.
And as a physician with more than 25 years of clinical practice as a hospitalist and a former hospital executive, we have brought unique perspectives and complementary expertise to the task of helping our clients achieve successful and sustainable hospitalist programs.
Our Clients Include…
- Our hospitalist program is becoming financially unsustainable; what can we do about it?
- How can we get our hospitalists to be more engaged and to perform better on key metrics?
- Do we have the right hospitalist medical director and leadership configuration?
- What are best practices in hospitalist scheduling, work design, and compensation?
- How can NPs and/or PAs best be deployed in hospitalist practice?
- How can we resolve disagreements with other specialties about scope of practice?
- What about surgical hospitalists, OB hospitalists, neurohospitalists, and other hospital-focused practice specialties?
Doctors hire us because…
- They value a peer-to-peer relationship with someone who has done what they do and understands their challenges and frustrations.
- They appreciate our credibility with both doctors and hospital administrators.
- They know our recommendations have been tested and refined in actual practice.
- They embrace our philosophy of hospitalist engagement and ownership.
Hospitals hire us because…
- We have a thorough understanding of the business of hospital medicine.
- We emphasize fiscal responsibility and measurable performance.
- We are not a staffing firm or a management company. We are an independent consulting firm focused solely on hospitalist practice management. No biases. No conflicting interests.